Joy and Love


Photo by Nat Arnett


"You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy." 1 Peter 1:8

When learning God's word we should feel joyful! Making studying, learning and sharing the word as a priority. It should never feel like a burden or dull to study scripture, because knowing God's love for us is amazing! As I have shared before when I told my family about my love and belief in God it brought me to tears both times. I was overcome with emotion, especially when I told my 14 year old, she hugged me and said she loved me. Which of course made me cry more, but it was a joyous loved filled cry and hug.

Love among myself and my children believe it or not is nothing compared to the love that God has for us. We are commanded in scripture to love God and to love each other, it is one of the most important commandments. So how do we show our love for God? We show it by longing for personal time with Him (reading His word and worshiping Him), by loving what He loves, hating what He hates, longing for His return and to keep His commandments. If you do not know what God loves, hates and commands then you must entrench yourself into the Bible, His word. This is what I am doing, I did not do it before and I ended up away from Him for over 18 years. That cannot ever happen again and to ensure that it does not I must read the word daily and compare things that I hear in the world back to scripture. 

"Three things will last forever-faith, hope and love-and the greatest of these is love" 
                                                                                                      1 Corinthians 13:13

Verses on Joy:                                                     Verses on Love:

Nehemiah 8:1-18                                                  Deuteronomy 6:4-5
Psalm 126:5-6                                                       Hosea 11:8-9
Isaiah 12:3                                                             John 21:15-17
Romans 15:13                                                       1 Corinthians 13:1-13
1 Corinthians 1:10-17                                           1 John 2:6-11
1 Peter 1:8

My prayer for you today is that you know the love of the Lord in your heart and soul. If you are a believer then dive deep into His word so you can know and do all things with joy, love and discernment. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For My Daughter

Be A Comfort

Stepping Onto My Path