Heading Back

I was one of those kids that asked a ton of questions all the time because I was always watching and wondering. I wasn't obnoxious about it, but as an adult not much has changed. I find that what I have been questioning the most for the past year has been about spirituality. I have felt loss, unconnected and saddened by not having my tribe to talk to, question and ponder with in regards to anything spiritual.
As I previously mentioned I did accept Jesus as my Savior, but to say that I have been living up to His word would be a lie. So much has happened and perhaps I will share it at some point. I have read and experienced many things over the past year to do with Wicca, Shamanism, and other things that would be listed under the occult or new age. I honestly saw some wonderful things on the surface, but as I dived deeper I continued to have this nagging feeling that it wasn't right for me, even though I did not fully understand why. I kept thinking it is about nature, kindness, doing what is right, putting out positive energy, so why am I not "feeling it?" I had even googled if there is a way to be a witch and be Christian, which I have recently learned is not something that could ever be.
I still crave that companionship and I know I have to shut out those things that do not build my faith up in the Lord. I cannot necessarily undo what has been done, and thankfully that nagging feeling kept me from doing many things. I am working my way back to God one step at a time. The nagging feeling was Him and to know even in this time of darkness He has never left me.
Has anyone else faced this? What did you do to connect back to God? I would love to hear your stories and input.

Have an amazing day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For My Daughter

Be A Comfort

Stepping Onto My Path