Some big events took place this week for myself and my family. First, because I have recommitted to God I had to tell me husband and children for the first time in 18 years what I believed in and where I stand. I had to talk to them about my past and apologize for not doing what God commands of me as a Christian for so long. It seems like this would be simple, but it was very difficult for me to do simply because I did not know what their response would be. I did not know if this was going to destroy my family as I have known it, but it had to be done even if I lost it all. As I read this week about forgiveness, honesty and integrity, I was being strongly conflicted that as much as I value those words I was not embodying them by remaining silent about my faith in God. The conversations went well and I know that was God. I now feel the freedom to offer to pray with my teenagers and to talk to them about God, there is no hiding in fear any longer. I new I had to truly ac...
Comments
Post a Comment