Some big events took place this week for myself and my family. First, because I have recommitted to God I had to tell me husband and children for the first time in 18 years what I believed in and where I stand. I had to talk to them about my past and apologize for not doing what God commands of me as a Christian for so long. It seems like this would be simple, but it was very difficult for me to do simply because I did not know what their response would be. I did not know if this was going to destroy my family as I have known it, but it had to be done even if I lost it all. As I read this week about forgiveness, honesty and integrity, I was being strongly conflicted that as much as I value those words I was not embodying them by remaining silent about my faith in God. The conversations went well and I know that was God. I now feel the freedom to offer to pray with my teenagers and to talk to them about God, there is no hiding in fear any longer. I new I had to truly ac...
I wanted my first post to be a brief back story of how my journey coming to know Jesus began. I did not grow up in a family that ever went to church or really talked about anything religious. What I did know as a child is that when people die they go to Heaven and that there is this place called Hell that you did not want to go to. I did have various friends and some outside family that would invite me to church with them and I was always allowed to go. I found it boring at the time and very monotonous, so needless to say I had no excitement about church, God or anything to do with it really. As a teen I did begin to sort of look at religion as a whole and question myself as to what I believed in and didn't believe in. I asked my parents why we never went to a church. My moms answer was simple, "I don't want to push any beliefs onto you, decide for yourself what you believe." This led me to ask my grandmother. She at least gave me some more advice, she talked about he...
My new bible is arriving today! I decided that since I have walked away from the Lord for so long that I needed to buy a New Believers Bible (NLT version). It has additional explanations and a reading plan which I think I missed out on so many years ago. Does anyone else have this Bible? if so, what are your thoughts on it?
Comments
Post a Comment